Monday 30 May 2011

SPECIAL EFFECTS SURPRISE

It is quite surprising after doing this job for many years discovering new techniques and products...it's the beauty of this job though and I want to share it with you...as there might be some like me who are not aware of it.
I was booked for an advertising photoshoot for a product called CICATRENE, which  makes your wounds heal.
My job was to make up the characters and to reproduce a little wound, it had to look fresh/ish, on the palm of a hand.
The first thing it crossed my mind was to go and get my special effects wax, which I use from time to time (quite rarely actually) on eyebrows plucking occasions......also because since I moved back to Italy I don't do very often TV or non-fashion advertising work....
Anyways I got my wax, solid fake blood , liquid fake blood , concealer, powder, greasy colours...
It seemed I was all ready..when the thought of me having nightmares trying to stick the wax on the palm of some-body's hand took over....so I decided to pay a visit to the KRYOLAN shop in Milan and get some advice.
WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA !
The lovely girl who runs it recommended to use Tuplast instead. It's much faster and easier to use and you can achieve a great result. I knew Tuplast already from the college days but somehow I thought it was just for herpes, beauty spots etc..
Well as it often happens on shoots I had very little time to do it  and in literally 5 mins my wound was done!
I was very impressed with myself and the client was too.
There's only one downside to the story: it's now forbidden to use Tuplast on the face. Anyway you can still use it on the body and they sell an alternative product for the face.

No comments: