Wednesday 12 May 2010

MAKE-UP IS NOT JUST ABOUT THE MAKE-UP

I know this title can be a bit confusing...but I promise that it will make sense once I've explained.
Make-up artistry is a wonderful big world where as an artist you can be creative in many different ways for many different types of work.
You can do beauty, fashion, special effects, theatre and within each category use many techniques which will bring you to a distinct result.
To make an example I'll publish some pictures of a beauty shoot I did a while ago.
Beauty can be interpreted with natural colours, but also with bright ones. A beauty shoot can involve feathers, lashes, paper, anything really.
What we did on our beauty shoot was to use sequences and apply them on the model's face, without necessarily create a shape, leaving it quite abstract.





I've initially thought that the best way to stick them on the face would be by using eyelash glue but after a while I've realised that vaseline was actually enough and it would have been much faster and easier.
It wasn't difficult in the end I just had to be very patient and meticolous.

Here the final pictures:




3 comments:

AnnaDato said...

bellissimo: so intriguing!

Robyn said...

Thats really beautiful! I wish I had that talent :)

chiara said...

thanks Robyn. we all have talent, we just need to let it out. xx